May 17, 2012

That one time I ran into a Persian chef cook from San Francisco…

I was out with two girlfriends as were about to finish our dinner in my favorite restaurant in Siena. When I was surprised by a waiter speaking very good English at the table next to me.  As we´re about to leave, I was asked from where in the states I am from and three minutes later I realized that the new befriended cook, Hoss, would need a translator the next day. To interview the owner of this wonderful dining place. I was sooo in. Italian food, first hand. Insights in the kitchen. Chatting with the inventor of delicacies my mouth has craved so often. Hello!!

So, the next day I accompanied Hoss to interview the chef, he took a wonderful hour to answer questions. You will be able to read about all the insights in Hoss´s article – I will share on FB + Twitter when he publishes it.

After this, for me unexpected he showed us all the kitchen, pasta machine, cellar, pizza oven included. The owner Giuseppe Chiarelli himself took some time to prepare some fresh pizza just for us and we were able to follow each step, even more, he invited us to return the next day, so he could set up a nice rustic pasta/dish display. It was amazing.





Of course we returned the next day and our expectations were exceeded once more. We met all the kitchen staff, took a lot of pictures and I could not believe my eyes as two close friends from Signore Giuseppe shuffled across the street to greet us, all joyous about the visit. To round it of the neighborhood´s priest stopped by and all of us were introduced.


Hands where shaken, praises spoken and at the end of it, someone kissed my hand… Now I don´t remember who, but I am certain it was not the priest. We were showered in hospitality and open friendliness. For me one of the memorable and fines day´s in this town.



~~~

Quella volta, quando ho incontrato uno chef persiano di San Francisco…

Avevamo quasi finito la cena quando ho sentito un cameriere parlare un buon inglese al tavolo accanto. Stavamo uscendo quando mi hanno chiesto da quale degli Stati Uniti venissi e tre minuti dopo ho saputo che il mio nuovo amico, Hoss, aveva bisogno di un traduttore, il giorno successivo, per un’intervista con il proprietario di questo meraviglioso ristorante. L´idea mi piaceva molto. Si trattava di chiacchierare con l´inventore delle delizie che la mia bocca aveva più volte desiderato.



Così il giorno seguente ho accompagnato Hoss, per l´intervista con lo chef di Fonte Giusta. Ha risposto alle nostre domande per un´ora. La trascrizione dell´intervista sarà disponibile integralmente quando Hoss pubblicherà il suo articolo che segnalerò sul mio profilo Twitter e Facebook.



Dopo, con mia grande sorpresa Giuseppe Chiarelli ci ha mostrato tutta la cucina, la macchina della pasta, la cantina e anche il forno in cui poi il proprietario ci ha preparato una pizza da assaggiare. Alla fine ci ha invitato a ritornare il giorno seguente. È stato incredibile. Naturalmente siamo ritornati e le nostre aspettative sono state superate ancora una volta. Abbiamo incontrato tutto lo staff della cucina ed è stata una bella sorpresa quando due amici del proprietario sono venuti apposta per salutarci. Per concludere il piacevole incontro è arrivato anche il prete della contrada. Tutti sono stati presentati a tutti.



Con noi sono stati dei campioni in ospitalità e gentilezza. Grazie a tutti loro quello è stato per me uno dei giorni memorabili e più belli in questa città.








The second day

~~~

Il secondo giorno


















Via Camollia 102 - Siena

Hoss Zaré’s restaurant in San Francisco: Zaré at Fly Trap




No comments:

Post a Comment