July 21, 2015

The warmest wedding yet - Personal


It´s a lovely season in Germany. Every day you can count on the sun beaming it´s most radiant rays endlessly. 
This is all very lovely for having a lovely-lazy pool day. To read the summer read you had on your list. Or... others just like me, might shoot a wedding on the warmest day of the year. 


So todays snapshot is from a day with 40 degrees in the shade. Eight straight hours shooting outside. All my attempts to find an assistant for the day failed and I knew I would face this day on my own. To be quite honest shooting in a  heat like this is one of my anxieties
This is after all the fresh hair and make-up has long left me. This is after the job is done. This is after having conquered a day I was afraid of fainting from the sheer heat. I remember sitting in the car and feeling so sick I could not drive. But this shot right here shows I made it. Not only to the location, but through the day. I set out to give my very best and conquered the day. This picture is surely not the most perfect or prettiest picture. But it is me, just how I am, with tons of sweat puddles (hence the black and white) and rings under my eyes...  and this is also me having faced my fear and made it out alive. Yes. And I am happy to report that after not exactly the most chilled wedding day my wonderful couple loved their wedding images. Despite the sweat, despite the moments of desperation (no air-conditioning anywhere), the hours of endless joy and beautiful spoke louder than the circumstances which held them. 

 Here is to always focusing on the joy instead on the circumstances.

Have a wonderful week!













1 comment:

  1. Hello friend! I am getting married in this October and worried about to find nice event locations. Actually I don’t have so much time to visit enormous places for party venue selections. That’s why I came here to get some good online wedding services for my wedding venue. I hope you will help me!

    ReplyDelete